Thursday 1 December 2011

Pillowcase sack; handmade Thursday

This is really easy way to make a drawstring bag which is ideal for a Christmas sack.

I bought some red pillowcases, turned the top over and stitched it to make a channel for the drawstring - that's it!!

J for James; must do an A and a P next.
The applique was a little more difficult, but only because I had to be very careful not to sew the two sides of the bag together. I've chosen fabrics which are not specifically Christmassy so this bag can be useful all year round.

More handmade Thursdays at White Lily Green.


4 comments:

  1. Yay! More things to do with pillowcases - I posted one too!

    Love this, I'll have to have a go. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, even a sewing novice like me might be able to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea, I have two sacks I currently use for my kids as stockings one is large and one is small, they were ideal last year as had 8yr old and baby but this year I could do with another large one, hey presto! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, especially as its non Christmassy so you can use it all through the year!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.