Tuesday 11 October 2011

Car on canvas

I am experimenting with this sewn art on canvas idea, so I made this for a little boy called Oscar. His daddy likes ferraris so this is supposed to be a ferrari-esque sports car.
I used felt for the car - mainly because I didn't have any other suitable red fabrics to hand. I'm not sure that I am completely happy with how it has turned out. It is only small - a 7 x 5 inch canvas and I think that made it more difficult - less space for layers and embellishment.
I've sent it to the recipient anyway, so we will see what sort of reception my little artwork gets!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is really sweet, how can it fail to get a great reception.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the perfect amount of embellishments :o)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.