Thursday 29 September 2011

Sewing arty canvas thing - handmade Thursday


While browsing around a local craft centre with a friend I saw some embroidery / applique art mounted on canvas and selling for £100.
£100!!!!! 

Well, mine cost £2.24, plus bits and pieces from my button and scrap stash.

I wanted to make a "family" piece, something which celebrated the five of us.

When I'd sewn all the pieces together I simply used my glue gun to stick it onto the canvas.
And I'm really rather happy with it :)

More handmade thursdays at White Lily Green.


7 comments:

  1. That is truly beautiful! What a lovely idea. Think you could certainly make some of those as custom orders, could even see if you could get away with selling them for £100!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if anyone wanted one I would undercut the craft centre by a couple of quid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, what a good idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, such a simple idea and beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just amazing! Wow! I agree, you could sell those for a nice price!!

    Thank you for linking up to #handmadethursday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing idea! I hope it's ok that I 'pinned' it... just let me know if not and I'll take it down! Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! And much more satisfying than buying one!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.