Friday 13 May 2011

Pussycat Applique

I've made this cat motif for a plain t-shirt of Poppy's.
I quite like the end product but I'm not keen on the faffiness of applique - drawing out the right shapes, choosing the right fabric, embellishing with pretty bits. It's not speedy enough for me - this little cat t-shirt took about an hour.
The main fabric is taken from a much loved outgrown blouse, and I very much like the fact applique is a way to preserve those silly sentimentalities a little bit longer.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have just managed to learn how to use a sewing machine and I hope I get as good as you at whipping things up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous applique, I Love it! Just stumbled across your blog and Im your newest follower...Fab Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thank you for the follow :) Just LOVE this, its beautiful!! Can I convince you to link up to my Handmade Thursday next week? Would LOVE to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm sure I can make something else by Thursday! I'd love to join in :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.