Tuesday 26 April 2011

Speedy bunting :)

I finished making this bunting last night ready for the Royal Wedding fever.
(Although of course I'm planning to keep using it for many parties in years to come.)
It was pretty simple; I cut lots of triangles out of old curtain samples, using the pinking shears to avoid hemming.
Then I put 2 triangles back to back and machine stitched along 2 edges.
Repeat many many times!
Then pin all of the triangles along some cotton tape - fold the tape over to sandwich the unsewn triangle edge in side - and machine stitch all the way along.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely. I love bunting! It's the most joyful thing. Love the simple way you've made it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! well done. we are going to make paper union jack ones tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.