Tuesday 8 March 2011

Mama made Monday - Tank top

I bought a load of Sirdar snuggly bubbly yarn in the early days of my knitting journey, before I realised I hated knitting with bumpy wool.
To be fair this one isn't too bad to knit with and is nice and soft.
I didn't know it was going to be a tank top; I just cast on 100 stitches on a 4mm circular needle and starting knitting. When it got long enough I changed to straight needles, splitting it into 2 lots of 50 stitches.
I decreased by k2tog at each end of every knit row until I had 40 stitches left. I did a few more rows, then cast off. The straps are 10 stitches wide.
I decided to make a crochet edging because I hate picking up and I hate doing rib.
It's just a row of single crochet and a row of double crochet.
The yarn is Sirdar Calico, a cotton yarn leftover from another project. Not quite the same shade of lilac but looks nice nonetheless.
And it fits just right on my little model.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty :)
    I hate picking up stitches too. In fact I have just finished a make and totally avoided rib altogether so I'm well pleased.
    With you on bobbly yarn too, although it does like cute once worked up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so clever!! I can only just follow a pattern without making a b*lls up, but would be lost if I had to do it with no pattern. Your little girl looks really cosy in it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.