Saturday 21 November 2009

Baked Doughnuts


Not as healthy as they sound!
I bought a baking tray with doughnut shaped holes in Lidl. It seemed like a good idea, until I got home and realised I didn't know how to make doughnuts.

So I found this recipe on t'internet.

6 tbsp softened butter mixed with 1 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and 1 egg.
Add 1 1/2 cups plain flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 cup milk.
Mix it up.

Put into doughnut tray.
I also put some in my silicone muffin tray and they came out fine - just without holes obviously.

Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees C.
Dip in melted butter, then in caster sugar.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wowee, I never knew you could make donuts that weren't deep fried. I'm going to try these - and I've always wondered what those things were in Lidls; now I know, donut trays - doh.

    Thanks! and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought doughnuts had to be deep fried too!! They look scrummy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.