Friday 9 October 2009

Chocolate fudge - not for dieters.


This is my first foray into confectionery, and it is pretty good. I think I will be making up a batch for teacher's gifts closer to Christmas, and maybe for some non-weightwatching friends and relatives.

Here's the recipe. (Makes loads - about 1 1/2 lb)

In a medium, heavy based saucepan put 225g granulated sugar, 50g unsalted butter, a 397g tin of condensed milk, 1 tbsp clear honey and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves - keep stirring all the time.
Bring to the boil, and boil for 6 - 8 minutes - keep stirring all the time!
Remove pan from heat and beat in 100g grated dark chocolate until smooth and glossy.
Pour mixture into square cake tin (lined with baking parchment) and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Chop into squares. Store in an airtight container.

I've put some in an old jam jar, and it looks quite attractive. I might also try wrapping some in cellophane and tying up with ribbon.



1 comment:

  1. How lovely is that!!! I tried making fudge when I was in my teens and ruined a good pan in the process. I must try again though, that photo is making my mouth water. In fact your whole blog makes me want home baking and NOW!! Cakes, buns, fudge, biscuits - all my favouites!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.