Monday 12 October 2009

Chocolate and cherry oat cookies


I have decided I need to perfect my biscuit making. For some reason I've never really made cookies and things, but these were pretty easy so I'm inspired to try some more recipes.

Cream 125g unsalted butter (although I didn't have enough butter so used 75g butter and 50g margarine) with 125g caster sugar.
Add 1 egg, half tsp baking powder, 150g sifted plain flour and 125g porridge oats. Mix until evenly combined. Stir in 10g chocolate chunks and 100g choped glace cherries.
Put dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on a lined baking tray and flatten slightly. Space them out to allow for some spreading.
Bake for 12 - 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Cool on wire rack - they are soft when they come out of the oven but crisp up when cooled.

Apparently these are good for freezing, but I can't see many of them being left by the end of tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous - I might try cranberry and white choc chips for Christmas pressies; esp. if they freeze well and I can make them in advance. They look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.